Monday, March 26, 2012

True Meaning Easter Eggs

I hope everyone is having a good week. It is my last week Nannying for my little Levi man and I have mixed emotions... His mommy is having a baby and he will have a little sister soon. I've loved the opportunity to pour into his little life and I've cherished the friendship (yes even as 2 year olds) that he and my daughter have. I will miss hearing "are they twins" everywhere we go. His family has been a blessing to me and I will miss seeing them everyday. But, I am anxious for the next chapter. I have an interview tomorrow for a Children's ministry position at our church. I'll let you know how it goes! 

I will however have more time (hopefully) for some projects around the house! This weekend I worked on some Easter/ Spring decor. My favorite so far was the simplest to do!


 Here's a DIY for making some brown paper Easter eggs with the TRUE meaning of Easter scripted on the outside.

I used a classic paper mache recipe to cover the eggs with the brown paper... This is a great website for \
paper mache recipes.. http://ultimatepapermache.com/paper-mache-recipes
I used these regular Easter eggs as my base.

 
Then, instead of newspaper, I used brown parcel paper.

Should have taken pictures of this process but it is very simple, promise!

After the eggs had dried I wrote on them with a white craft marker to resemble a chalky look.

This one says "He is Risen, indeed"

The other two eggs say... "It is finished" and "Halleluia"

I love all the spring decorations out there but I really wanted to find a way to reflect what Easter means to me without hanging a crucifix on my wall. These eggs tell the story beginning with the work Jesus finished on the cross, the assurance of his Resurrection, and a Halleluia to celebrate it all!


Happy Easter! 

I'm sharing at these great Link Parties:
Market Yourself Monday @ Sumo's Sweet Stuff
CraftoManiac Monday
DIY Project Parade @ the DIY Showoff
Thrifty Treasures @ Southern Hospitality 
The DIY Home Sweet Home Project
Creative Bloggers Party and Hop @ Homemaker on a Dime
I Heart Nap Time 
Rustic Crafts and Chic Decor

17 comments:

  1. those are really pretty I have seen a bunch of people making paper eggs this year but I believe these are my favorites. I am your newest blog hop fan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful to look at and in meaning. Good luck with your interview!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute idea, especially for those who have plastic eggs left over rather than throwing them away.

    ~Brit
    www.brittany-sims.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your eggs are so beautiful and I love the message! Would you be willing to link this up to my Springtime Holiday Link Party going on now? I'd love to have you! Thanks, Michelle http://michellepaige.blogspot.com/2012/02/springtime-holiday-link-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. i hope you dont mind but i really want to make a post about these eggs! they are so adorable and i'm a big fan! i'll link up your tutorial and everything :) you've inspired me to make these!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I featured your eggs today! Thanks so much for linking up to my Springtime Link Party! http://michellepaige.blogspot.com/2012/03/egg-cellent-egg-decorating-ideas.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful!!! These are precious and look quite simple! Thanks for the hard work! Stopping by to say hi to a very cool blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am pinning these. I love that you have expressed on your eggs the true meaning of Easter. I love it with the brown paper. Thanks for sharing at the Bunny Blog Hop.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these! What a great reminder of what Easter is really all about! I'm your newest fan. Please stop by bellanest.blogspot.com any time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love both the look of your eggs and more importantly the message on them. New follower,
    Eilis
    my-heart-lives-here.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Simply Beautiful! What a great project to do with my kids and a wonderful reminder of the true meaning of Easter. I'm a new follower.
    Sharla

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just LOVE those!! It is always so wonderful to see Easter projects which capture the real meaning and remind us and our children what it is all about. Well done! :-)
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE LOVE LOVE!! Makes me want to run out and buy more eggs right now!!!

    ~Christine @ First Home...Love Life

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice eggs. I appreciate that you shared the paper mache site with us too : )

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your eggs! Thanks for the paper mache link too! I just did an egg last night with old book pages. My first attempt at paper mache. :) I'm your newest follower. I'd love you drop by my blog too. :) x Julie

    ReplyDelete
  16. They look fanstastic. What a clever idea!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your feedback and get to know you better! Leave a comment!