Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Tantrums and a Surprise...

Ok, please tell me there are other moms out there who have had to walk away and take a deep breath before calmly disciplining their children. This was me last week when my precious {almost} 2 year old daughter threw our laptop computer on the floor in a temper tantrum of epic proportions. It was partly my fault for leaving it open on the coffee table. I guess it was a good reminder that spending quality time with her is still my number 1 priority. After a time out for both mom and baby, I came back to realize our computer screen had shattered with "spider webs" across the whole thing. Of course, warranty doesn't cover "that kind of damage"- oh you mean "two-year-old tantrum damage". Bummer. 

We could have replaced the screen but we'd been having trouble with the computer anyway. Oh and did I mention I just started a "work from home" job. My husband said we'd have to wait til at least next month to figure out what to do about replacing it. 

But little did I know, he had something up his sleeve. As I was packing for our trip to Portland (more on that later) I came in to zip up my suitcase and found a new MacBook Pro sitting in my suitcase with a little card... Here's what it said, 

"Happy Early Mother's Day! 
Thank you, babe, for being a great mom and an even better wife!
Happy Blogging ;)

Love, your husband"


Turns out our tax return was significant this year and he decided to spoil me. 
I am so excited! He's so good to me. 

So, I'm back. So sorry if I haven't gotten back to you if you've commented or started following... 
I'll be in touch soon! 
And I have a couple fun projects that I finished while I wasn't distracted by all my other favorite blogs last week. Including a burlap sack turned curtain valance... Here's a sneak peak...






4 comments:

  1. What a sweet, supportive husband!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lucky you must be pretty darn sweet too I'm guessing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness what an amazing man! I love it when they come up with surprises on their own. What a great early mothers day gift. Good luck with your new job too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! That is fantastic! and yes little ones do have tantrums...

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your feedback and get to know you better! Leave a comment!